The Extended Gamut Guide has been developed to help designers and printers determine how closely seven-colour printing (CMYK+OGV) can achieve PANTONE MATCHING SYSTEM® spot colours. Thanks to the advancements in process printing technology, the PANTONE Extended Gamut Coated Guide bridges the gap between spot and process colour printing, and provides greater colour matching abilities.
The PANTONE Extended Gamut Coated Guide is printed with an extremely high quality, seven-colour printing process using existing Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black (CMYK) inks plus commonly used Orange, Green and Violet (OGV) inks that ‘extend’ the colour gamut significantly.
The PANTONE Extended Gamut Guide will allow designers and printers to achieve approximately 90% of all PANTONE MATCHING SYSTEM spot colours through the seven-colour process system.
- 1,729 seven-colour process simulations of PANTONE solid colours on coated stock
- Closest seven-colour process match with sRGB values
- Screen tint percentages displayed
- Affordable alternative print solution for designs requiring multiple spot colours
- Colours bleed off page edges for ease and accuracy when comparison checking
- Comes in a portable fan guide format which provides convenience and fast access to colour data
- PANTONE COLOR MANAGER Software for updating PANTONE colours in popular design applications
- Includes colour locator index
- Each colour identified with a distinct PANTONE EXTENDED GAMUT Coated (XGC) number and/or name to help file colours
- PANTONE Extended Gamut Coated Guide colours are highly achievable by printers through the seven-colour process.
PANTONE Color Bridge Coated Guide
The Color Bridge Coated Guide provides process colour simulations of all solid PANTONE colours – in a convenient side-by-side comparison format, on coated stock. Since 2010, 644 new colours have been added to the range. Most recently in 2014, 84 new blushes and pinks, and clean and vibrant new blues, greens and violets were added to this extensive colour palette.
An invaluable multi-use colour reference tool, Color Bridge can be used to select and specify solid PANTONE colours, to determine how a PANTONE colour will appear when reproduced in CMYK, or to create optimal display of PANTONE colours on monitors and web pages. HTML and sRGB values are provided, for applying colour selections across media.
- Contains all 1,755 PANTONE Solid colours, on coated stock
- Portable fan guide format
- Process matches with CMYK screen tint percentages displayed next to each solid colour
- sRGB and HTML values for solid colours
- Colours bleed for ease and accuracy of checking colours
- Text-weight paper stock
- PANTONE COLOR MANAGER software for updating PANTONE colours in popular design applications
- Colour locator index
- Each colour identified with a distinct PANTONE number or name
- Icons mark colours that can be satisfactorily reproduced in CMYK and/or RGB
- Includes ColorChecker® Lighting Indicator to aid in lighting evaluation
- Includes ColorChecker Primer for colour correcting images.